- This event has passed.
Ruling Pen Workshop with Rachel Yallop
21 April 2018 • 9:00 am – 22 April 2018 • 4:30 pm
Ruling Pen Techniques: Cola, Folded, and Pointed Ruling Pens
- Inscription: Sold out!
The ruling pen is a very versatile tool, not least because it comes in more than one form: the folded, the pointed and the Cola pen. Even then, there are different shapes within these groups which affect the marks made.
In this class we will:
- Look at the various tools and make a Cola pen
- The ruling pen, of whichever sort makes a unique line. Pen manipulation and the position in the hand, forms a large part of this. This will be demonstrated and students will then experiment themselves .
- Looking at the marks made, how to achieve the splatter effect and instruction on how to enhance lines through touch-up
- Practicing both formal and informal letter shapes – the ultimate contrast
- Working on finished pieces: large multi-lined , textural letter, built up capitols, word design, or a combination of them all.