Summer Workshop: La ligne et la surface
25 July • 9:00 am – 29 July • 4:30 pm
- The surface – a block of text and its texture, density, weight and position on the page
- The line – the gesture and its energy, rhythm, expressivity and position on the page
- Combining the two elements – interaction, hierarchy, contrast, balance and composition
- Composition – the chromatic environment, colour palette with elements drawn from nature, backgrounds and collages
- Designing the book – layout, chronology, page preparation and cover
The objective of this course is to create a book (25 cm x 45cm) that will chronicle the progress of your work.
Please note that this workshop will be given in French.
Questions about this workshop? Please contact Louise Rousseau.
Are you already a Society member? Take advantage of the member’s price for this workshop. If you are not a member of La Société des calligraphes de Montréal, the annual membership only costs $40. Become a member today to save $60 on this workshop!